DiFenSE 2015 – 1st International Workshop on Digital Business Innovation and the Future Enterprise Information Systems Engineering
Held in conjunction with the 27th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering CAiSE’15. June 8-12, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Submission is open: 15th December 2014
Submission deadline: 10th February 2015
- EXTENDED DEADLINE: SATURDAY 28th FEBRUARY 2015
- Notification of acceptance: 10th March 2015
- Camera-Ready copy due: 25th March 2015
- Workshop: 9th June 2015
Disruptive technological change has contributed in the last decade to accelerate the transition from a business-driven culture to a more ‘social-oriented’ one. Open innovation has become more influential and models of production and value creation are changing. The advent of social media, cloud computing, big data and the Internet of things outlines a new idea of socioeconomic organization, exemplified by the App Economy, already emerging as a collection of interlocking innovative ecosystems. “New Forms of Enterprises” emerge, driven by constant business model transformation and innovation, acting as multi-sided platforms built on -as well as emerging from- digital innovations at the global, as well as local level, to produce shared value including that beyond monetisation.
The scope of the 1st International Workshop on Digital Business Innovation and the Future Enterprise Information Systems Engineering (DiFenSE 2015) encompasses all aspects of digital business innovation and the role of information systems engineering and conceptual modelling for design thinking and the discovery and exploitation of digital opportunities.
Thus, the workshop aims to promote and exchange ideas on the role and use of information systems engineering for future digital enterprises, digital business innovation and web entrepreneurship. The workshop is powered by the FP7 Future Enterprise Project Consortium.
We strongly encourage the publications reporting a synergy of innovative research and best practices in Digital Business Innovation, Future Internet-based Enterprise Systems, Sensing Enterprise, and Web Entrepreneurship.
We encourage the original contributions exploring the challenges and solutions related to digital entrepreneurship and information systems engineering capabilities, as well as industrial case studies illustrating these challenges and solutions. The topics are among but not limited to:
- Business Model Innovation Dynamics and tapping novel information systems engineering capabilities
- Innovation strategies and IT implementations promoting new forms of enterprises in the Digital Economy
- Digital Entrepreneurship through information systems engineering
- Models and Engineering methods and Tools for the Sensing Enterprise
- Agile models and open architectures for Future Internet-based enterprises
- Internet Enterprise information systems architectures and interoperability
- Dynamic Capabilities and information systems engineering
- Value creation of Multi-sided platforms and IT visions of Internet-based Enterprise innovation
- Enterprise Talent management and based on context-aware information systems engineering capabilities
- Case studies of disruptive innovations by enterprises, SMEs, entrepreneurs in business sectors
- Open scientific challenges in the technical foundations of Digital Business Innovation
We invite submissions in the form of Full papers and Short papers.
- Full papers reporting the completed research, industrial case studies, empirical studies and surveys are limited to 12 pages including all text, figures, references and appendices.
- Short papers reporting research-in-progress and problem statements are restricted to a maximum length of 6 pages (including all text, figures, references and appendices).
- All papers should be submitted in PDF format. The results described must be unpublished and must not be under review elsewhere.
Submission is done through easychair at the following page: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=difense2015
For updates we suggest to follow the DBI Community on:
Guidelines for authors
The accepted papers will be published in Springer LNBIP volume proceedings together with the other CAISE 2015 workshops.
Thus, in order to ensure a timely and smooth publication process we would kindly ask you to follow the following instructions while submitting your paper.
The submitted manuscripts should comply with the Springer LNBIP formatting rules.
To prepare your initial submission, please follow the Author Instructions at http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html
Please make sure to use the full names of all contributing authors in the paper (first name(s) and surname).
Please make sure that the figures are legible also when printed in black and white. Colored figures will only appear in the online version of the proceedings.
- Fenareti Lampathaki (P.h.D.)
National Technical University of Athens (NTUA)
Iroon Polytechniou 9, 157 73
Email : email@example.com
- Christopher Tucci (Ph.D.)
EPFL CDM MTEI CSI
ODY 1 04 (Odyssea)
CH-1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gianluigi Viscusi (Ph.D.)
EPFL CDM MTEI CSI
ODY 1 16 (Odyssea)
Station 5 CH-1015
- Sabine Brunswicker, Purdue University, US
- Jonathan Cave, University of Warwick, UK
- Yannis Charalabidis University of Aegean, Greece
- Fenareti Lampathaki, National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Greece
- John Psarras, National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Greece
- Sotiris Koussouris, National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Greece
- Christopher Tucci, EPFL, Switzerland
- Gianluigi Viscusi, EPFL, Switzerland
- <<More members of the Program Committee to be announced soon…>>