COGNISE 2015 – 3rd International Workshop on Cognitive Aspects of Information Systems Engineering
Cognitive aspects of information systems engineering is an area that is gaining interest and importance in industry and research. In recent years, human aspects and specifically cognitive aspects in software engineering and information systems engineering have received increasing attention in literature and conferences, acknowledging that these aspects are as important as the technical ones, which have traditionally been in the center of attention. The goal of this workshop is to provide a better understanding and more appropriate support of the cognitive processes and challenges practitioners experience when performing information systems development activities. Understanding the challenges and needs, educational programs as well as development supporting tools and notations may be enhanced for a better fit to our natural cognition, leading to better performance of engineers and higher systems’ quality.
The list of topics that are relevant to the workshop includes, but is not limited to:
Identification of cognitive challenges in IS development:
- Cognitive processes involved in IS development
- Cognitive difficulties and challenges in IS development
- Collaborative/distributed cognition in teamwork
- Social, managerial and cultural effects on individual cognition-related characteristics of different development methods, notations and paradigms.
Proposed solutions for supporting cognitive processes in IS development:
- Development practices
- Development supporting tools
- Visual models
- Designated knowledge management solutions
Educational aspects of IS development
- Learning processes in IS development
- Education programs, methods and tools
- Teaching cases
- Submission deadline: 15th February 2015
- Notification of acceptance: 15th March 2015
- Camera ready: 22nd March 2015
- Workshop day: 9th June 2015
Manuscripts should be submitted to the workshop in PDF format via the EasyChair system https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cognise2015
Submitted papers will be evaluated on the basis of significance, originality and technical quality. Papers should clearly establish the research contribution and the relation to previous research. The submission should clearly emphasize the discussion aspects relevant to the workshop.