BUSITAL 2015 – 9th International Workshop on BUSiness/IT ALignment and Interoperability
The special theme of the 27th edition of CAiSE is Creativity, Ability and Integrity in information Systems Engineering. Capacity to develop new products and services, and to explore new markets while improving product quality and reducing production cost and time are of vital importance for organizations today. Capabilities to support the alignment with new business models must be engineered to be actually and appropriately implemented in often adaptive information systems. Information systems play a strategic role at the very core of organizations fostering such capacities. Thus, for this 9th edition, the key theme of BUSITAL will be Business/IT Alignment engineering capabilities for business models innovation.
- Submission deadline: 10th February 2015
- EXTENDED DEADLINE: MONDAY 23RD FEBRUARY 2015
- Notification of acceptance: 10th March 2015
- Camera-Ready copy due: 25th March 2015
- Workshop: 8th June 2015
We strongly encourage the publications reporting a synergy of innovative research and best practices. We encourage the original contributions exploring the challenges and solutions related to maintenance and validation of business-IT alignment, as well as industrial case studies illustrating these challenges and solutions. The topics are among but not limited to:
- IS engineering and business models innovation
- IS engineering and dynamic capabilities
- Business/IT alignment as an instrument for crisis management
- Innovation management and Business/IT alignment
- Cost cutting and improvement of organizational efficiency through Business/IT alignment (both case studies, theoretical papers are encouraged)
- Business/IT alignment in organizational networks, including co-creation of value through global networks
- Non-technological issues of Business/IT alignment
- Business/IT alignment classifications and taxonomy
- Business value of Business/IT alignment: e.g. cost reduction, improved time to market, etc.
- Methods and approaches on validating the Business/IT alignment
- Case studies, empirical reports, and lessons learned on Business/IT alignment
- Methods and experiences of Business/IT alignment analysis and requirements elicitation in the public sector (e-Government, e-Governance)
- Methods and frameworks for IT governance and Business Technology management and engineering
- Social and agency oriented perspectives in enterprise engineering
Full papers reporting the completed research, industrial case studies, empirical studies and surveys are limited to 12 pages including all text, figures, references and appendices.
Short papers reporting research-in-progress and problem statements are restricted to a maximum length of 6 pages (including all text, figures, references and appendices).
All papers should be submitted in PDF format. The results described must be unpublished and must not be under review elsewhere. Submission is done through easy chair https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=busital2015
For updates we suggest to follow the BUSITAL2015 portal, as well as the BUSITAL Linkedin Group